Here are the bullet points for an upcoming webinar on some myths surrounding franchising, in general, and senior care, specifically. Our goal is always to provide the facts for those who are interested, so they can make an informed decision.
“Manage by Fact” is one of the cornerstones of Total Quality Management for good reason!
If we can answer any questions about senior care business ownership opportunities, please ask by the medium of your choice!
Myth #1: Freedom or Creativity Are Not Allowed
- Nothing could be further from the truth
- Follow a proven system / Use tools provided
- Marketing mix, promotion
- Community Involvement
- Creating the work environment / Company Culture / Mission and Vision
Myth #2: It’s Way Too Expensive
- Relative to building or buying your own …?
- Wide array of franchising fees from $10,000 to $100,000s,
- and build-out/start-up costs, if applicable
- What are you getting for your investment?
- Territory (preferably protected)
- Support (preferably local)
- Trademark, product, service …. BRAND
Myth #3: You Can’t Make Money
- Success is defined by your (realistic) goals
- Passion for a cause generally creates success
- Risk vs Reward / Value
- Exit Strategy – have one, execute it
- Invest in …
- CDs, Stock Market??
- Yourself and the Brand you choose
- There is no Free Lunch:
- Hard/Smart Work and Passion
- Build it and They Will Come (movie)
Myth #4: High Pressure Sales Tactics
- Franchise sales is regulated by the FTC
- Territories are Awarded / Two-way appraisal
- Clearly defined process
- Discovery (Learn)
- Validation (Confirm)
- FDD Review (Understand)
- Discovery Day (Meet)
- Proceed at your own pace (3 months +/-)
- Provide information to make an Informed Decision
Myth #5: Bed Pans ‘R’ Us
- ABC Owners ‘R’
- in the community,
- giving back,
- creating relationships with referral sources,
- Owners manage a team:
- pool of Caregivers (through the Scheduler and Admin).
- Owners will not be providing personal care to a client, unless they choose to.
- ABC Owners ‘R’
Myth #6: Caregivers are Impossible to Find & Keep
- Most companies are having issues finding good employees, regardless of industry.
- Economics – supply will meet demand.
- Numerous vehicles, programs, partners and avenues to assist in recruiting.
- Creativity/freedom to create work environment caregivers want to be part of.